Monday, April 18, 2011

A Magic Carpet Ride

A couple of weeks ago, I wrote about how our long and arduous search for a new rug for our basement finally came to an end.  Well, our rug's own long and arduous journey from the Overstock warehouse finally came to an end last Wednesday.  I'm sure if you've read any of my previous posts, you'll realize I'm not normal(?), and I'm pretty embarrassed to confess one of my favorite things to do is tracking.  No, I don't go all Rambo and track enemies/animals/Commies through the woods... I enjoy receiving the tracking information for an online purchase and relentlessly tracking it until it arrives on our front porch.  Maybe it's a relic from staying up on Christmas Eve, listening to the radio with my parents, where they "tracked" Santa from the North Pole, giving updates on his ETA for the Lansing area.  Or maybe I'm just crazy.

Either way, our rug safely escaped the grasp of Mormons in Salt Lake City, spent a few days in Hodgkins, Illinois, had a quick layover in Richmond, and finally arrived here in Alexandria.


John hauled it down to the basement and after disassembling the couch, moving it to the other end of the basement, cursing the ginormous couch, laying down the rug, moving the couch pieces back, reassembling the couch, cursing the ginormous couch's mother, and making a couple slight adjustments, we had our long-awaited rug.  Lucky for us, we love it.  It's not as thick as our upstairs rug, but it's soft on bare feet and the boys all seem to love it.  It gives them traction to run around and protects them from the cold tiles, so they actually lie on it whilst chewing on their bones.  The accent colors are fun and bright and I think will provide inspiration for our other accents and decor, whenever we get around to that.  So, without further ado, here's the rug in action:






No comments:

Post a Comment