Saturday, March 19, 2011

Feeling Blue

Isn't it funny how one small, relatively insignificant change can completely alter your perspective or mood?  For me, I love new accessories (despite of my love of playing in the dirt, raking, and crawling around on the floor, I guess I am a girl).  Besides a few friends, the best thing I took away from my old job at GT was a bright pink Coach purse my attorneys got me for Christmas a couple years ago.  Whenever I carry it around, I feel like the fanciest person in the world and can't help but feel happy basking in its magenta glow.


For the past five months (can you believe our five month Graftoniversary is today?!) we have stared at our wickedly bland yellow/beige/brown walls with disdain and uncertainty of which color could possible usher in a new era of joy and relief from the never ending sorrow of walls reminiscent of old, musty paper.  After careful consideration of colors ranging from a brighter yellow, a cool grayish blue, a sagey green, and numerous variations of brown, we took the plunge and went with Benjamin Moore's Gossamer Blue.  Of course, you know that turned out well and we're thrilled about how much it has brightened up our little office space.

The blue office space.
Last weekend, I finally got around to spreading the Gossamer love to the small hallway space outside of our bedroom and guest bathroom.  Since we're hosting John's mom this weekend, we decided to take our painting project slowly, going room by room so we don't create a horrible painting disaster zone.  Cutting in took forever, as usual, but at least this time I had a chance to do the rolling, too.  In the end, we were left with this as our (sorta) brand new hallway:





One day we'll repair our trim... I hope.  :)


We can't believe how much of a difference our new color makes in our space.  The Gossamer-painted areas are so much more bright and airy.  I was so afraid the blue walls would darken our small space, but somehow, it makes it look bigger.  It makes the walls so soft, I just want to stand and pet them all day.  When I think about how great it'll all look when we put in the crown moulding, I almost swoon.  This weekend we're busy eating, drinking, and being merry all over NoVA and DC with Beth, but maybe the next weekend we'll tackle the living room and/or kitchen.  I'm not 100% sure what we'll do about the stairway going upstairs...  For one, there's a super tall wall to tackle, let alone the side walls... Looks like we'll have to break down and get ourselves a ladder (or I can finally get the rappelling equipment I've been wishing for).  And we're not sure we want to take the Gossamer up the stairs.  Don't want to have too much of a good thing, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment