Sunday, January 8, 2012

A Slice of Paradise

OK, warning going into this post: it'll be my cheesiest post yet.  *dorky snickering*

As I mentioned in my last post, we made a trip to the Container Store last weekend and really, ever since the ball dropped and 2012 rolled in, we've been on a crazy organizing trip.  We were wandering the aisles and I (of course) came across something I never knew I needed, but now that I have, I don't know how I lived without: a single cheese slice container.  For individually wrapped Kraft slices.  You know, for grilled cheese?

Tell me this hasn't happened to you:  You buy your Kraft slices, bring them home, they sit nicely in your little cheese drawer until one day, the time comes where you must open said cheese slices.  While you try so hardly to carefully open the package and maintain some of its structural integrity, it rips all the way down the side and slices go flying and you curse your cheese slices and the depths of hell from which they came!  Sure, you might try to carefully stack the slices and slide them back into the demolished shell of a package, but it won't hold.  They won't stay.  You just end up with a mutilated wrapper that somehow goes missing in the cheese drawer and a whole stack of slices sitting nakedly, just waiting to collapse.

Shameful.
Apparently, some geniuses/wizards at "Resourceful Products, Inc." felt our pain, understood our misery, and came up with the revolutionary "Single Cheese Slice Container".  And at $1.99, who could resist?  Don't they know I'd probably pay like $5 for this innovative technology??  Fools.  But now, my Kraft slices safely reside in their plastic domicile, waiting for the day they will be chosen to grace a couple slices of bread and accompany a steaming bowl of tomato soup.


Is it wrong that a simple box for holding cheese slices makes me so happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment