Thursday, October 14, 2010

At last!

As you can see from our Final Countdown calendar, we are fast approaching closing.  As of 5:00 last night, we had yet to hear anything regarding the appraisal and I was starting to get a little worried.  Luckily, Marriah emailed us about an hour later with great news... the appraisal came back and at value!  There was one small issue with roof flashing and a bit of leaking, but the seller's contractor had already made the repair and is going back today to improve the drainage.  Although we won't be removing the final contingency since we're only 2.5 business days away from closing, I guess we can consider ourselves officially under contract.  It's about darn time.

Now with John out in California and me having so much free time for online shopping on my hands... what's the saying... "When the cat's away, the mice will play"?  Just kidding... there's no reason to cancel my credit cards, John.  Now it's time to seriously get down to business with my packing efforts and officially being able to be 100% excited about the house.  Unless it gets carried away by a freak tornado/flash flood/alien abduction. 

So, hooray for some good news!  I think I can finally relax now and just ride out my packing high until closing and the Big Move.



No comments:

Post a Comment