Friday, September 17, 2010

Moving right along!

This house buying is a piece of cake! Just kidding. It's actually filled with both constant stress and never ending excitement. However, there is light at the end of the tunnel. We're still a bit over a month away from our closing, but we've almost done all that is required of us. Yesterday I purchased homeowners/hazard insurance which was fairly confusing, and I'm glad to have it behind me. I called around and got quotes from a couple companies so I'm fairly sure I got a competitive annual premium. We have all our mortgage documents in order awaiting our signatures, which we can send off tomorrow or Monday. The survey and appraisal are ordered and scheduled (I think, our realtor and mortgage broker are handling those...but I know they're ordered). Now we wait.

I picked Amanda up at her office this afternoon for lunch. We went over to the nearby mall and had Panda Express. It was a nice pick-me-up in the middle of a slow moving Friday. On our way out we stopped by a new modern furniture store called "Z Gallerie." It was pretty ok. The furniture seemed to be of decent quality, and the prices were much better than West Elm, Arhaus, Pottery Barn, Crate and Barrel and other similar home furnishing stores. Amanda and I both found a few things we liked and I see us returning after closing to buy some house warming gifts to ourselves. :)

Have a nice weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, the house looks great! When will it be yours? :-) (this is Shannon, by the way)

    ReplyDelete